Well, after much procrastination over her felt features, she's finally here! And I dont think me or my friend could have been happier with her! Of course she has flaws but lets not worry about that and just focus on not succumbing to her
song cuteness. I am just ecstatic over my sharpie idea working so well! There was a perfect spot in her hand for the clip to go through and it's just the right size.
The pattern was very easy to follow, up to the ears. I think some ch1, turns were left out. At least that was my interpretation. I also used a different pattern for the curl that I got from a japanese pokemon pattern book, which of course means I got to try out reading a chart! Not sure I have an preference over written or charted, I find them both easy to follow for the most part.
The felt I had some trouble getting nice, even circles cut out and of the exact same size. This is where one of her flaws come in but, surprisingly, I dont think its very noticeable. Just a little too late, I remembered I had some circle templates from my drafting class. An oval template helped me out with her mouth as well. To attach the felt, I used Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac. It definitely holds well. I think I did a quick test hand wash on a scrap piece and it held up. I'd recommend it!
More pictures can be found on my Ravelry project page!